Reposting as a reminder–applications for the Mentoring Editors Awards are due on February 1, 2016!
Applications for the Suzanne Smith Mentoring Editors Awards for INANE 2016 are now being accepted. Click here to be taken to the application page.
This Awards program was inaugurated for INANE 2014. Named in honor of long-time INANE colleague and friend to many, Suzanne Smith, the awards recognize her passion for mentoring and supporting others. The awards provide complimentary registration for four aspiring or novice editors to attend INANE 2016. In addition, each awardee is paired with a mentor who provides guidance and networking opportunities before, during, and after the conference.
The Mentoring Editors Awards program for the past two years has been extremely successful. You can read about the award winners for 2014 and 2015 here and here. In an informal evaluation, the awardees had high praise for their experience at the conference as well as the guidance of their mentors. A few of their comments include:
Attending INANE 2014 was very valuable for my insight about what it takes and what it means to be an editor. It provided an overview of the role and challenges in the editorial world.
I met the other candidates who received the awards and I think, based on my modest experience as a researcher and future editor, that the awards were well-deserved.
The conference was very helpful. I adore my mentor–she has been extraordinary.
The Mentoring Editors Awards are supported by INANE members and others who have generously contributed to the Suzanne Smith Development Fund. While we have enough money to support this program for the immediate future, donations are always gratefully accepted. Click here to donate to the fund for 2015-2016 and be listed on the honor roll of donors!
If you are interested in applying for one of the Mentoring Editors Awards, here are a few important details:
- Applications are open now and will be accepted until February 1, 2016. Winners will be announced on March 1, 2016.
- Award winners will receive a complimentary registration to INANE 2016 (value: £350 ) and are expected to attend the conference. Additional expenses, including travel, hotel, meals, and incidentals are the responsibility of the award winner.
- The award is not transferable.
- The program is designed for new or aspiring editors, authors, peer reviewers, and others who have an interest in dissemination of nursing knowledge through the published literature. Seasoned or experienced editors are not eligible. Note: if you are seasoned editor who would like to serve as a mentor, contact Leslie to express your interest!
- Winners will be asked to provide a photograph and brief bio to be posted on the INANE 2016 website as well as on the INANE Website.
If you need more information, please contact me using the Contact Form or by email: Leslie@medesk.com
Thank you! We look forward to reading the applications in the coming months!
On behalf of the Mentoring Editors Awards Committee for INANE 2016,
Leslie Nicoll, Chair